Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Is there any risk of brain damage? Well, technically speaking, the operation is brain damage.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is quite possibly my favorite movie. Director Michael Gondry seamlessly tells the story of two lovers who are, well... tired of each other. This film won an Oscar for best original screenplay and Kate Winslet was nominated for best actress. I love that despite it all, they would.. well, I won't spoil it for you, but it's magical.

I am including it here because so many fantastic scenes from this movie are shot in a bed. Joel and Clementine like to pretend to smother each other in a funny pillow scene. Also, in one of my favorite scenes, Joel wakes up in his bed on the beach in Montauk in the winter. Snow falls on the beach as the waves crash in. It is beautiful. Actually, the whole brain-wiping premise is set at his apartment on his bed.

Here is the trailer:



Absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment