Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sleep. Or lack there of.

Last night was Relay For Life. That means that I have been up since about noon Saturday until about 7 a.m. Sunday morning. Caffeine is the sole reason I stayed awake last night. I am so thankful that Relay For Life is indoors this year - with my pollen allergies as severe as they are, I would be miserable outside.

Lack of sleep. Delirious. When I was researching future posts, I came across the deadly side of sleep deprivation, according to U.S. News and World Report.

"...New data about sleep’s benefits suggest that losing sleep might speed up death’s arrival. Recent research also shows that people who don’t snooze enough face a higher risk of losing their health than those who regularly get a good night’s sleep."
Uh oh. Maybe I should catch some z's.

No comments:

Post a Comment